Friday, April 6, 2007

Nowrooz!


As mentioned in some of my friends' blogs, "chahar shanbe souri" is a ceremony held on the last Tuesday of each year. But in Nahavand, my home town, they hold such a ceremony on the first day of the year. Like all other cities of Iran, all family members gather at transition to the New Year. They usually read the holy Koran and when the New Year begins they kiss and hug each other and then they eat sweets. For most of us the best part of Nowrooz is the New-Year gift. Mostly every body likes Nowrooz, because they are off and they can travel, rest, and meet their relatives. So I guess I must be an exception.

2 comments:

Maryam Ahmadzadeh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maryam Ahmadzadeh said...

Dear Leili,
Your blog looks very nice with that lovely kitty and your strange clock. Just wanted to say that it takes almost 5 minutes to understand what time it is!!
;-)
I look forward to more.

Hugs,
Maryam