Saturday, May 19, 2007

Nahavand, My Hometown



Nahavand is a small city which is located in the west of Iran. Its population is about 200000. It is a historical city which was one of the important cities of Iran in the past. One of the most famous things in Nahavand was its castle that was unfortunately destroyed about 100 years ago by the order of Nasser-al-din (Nassereddin) shah without any reason. The city was one of the main hunting-grounds of the kings. But nowadays there are not many huntees in the mountains.



It has a great nature and it is mountainous. Its mountains are mostly covered with rocks and the nature is the best source of entertainment for the people of this city. The city has many places of recreation, and two of them are the most popular. Many people go to these places of recreation on weekends. Except these places half of Nahavandi people have private gardens which are other places of recreation. One of the well-known things in Nahavand is its carpets which are called "Oshvand carpet". Many of these carpets are in the most famous museums of the world. Nahavandi dialect was one of the five chief languages of Iran, which were most common.
I like the city so much, especially the mountains which are full of my childhood memories. Whenever I look at the mountains I remember the times when I went there with my family members. Although I don't live there anymore, I remember all it details and I still love it.




(Kiaan, one of the places of recreation)






(Oshvand carpet)